Monday, June 15, 2009

A Personal Plan

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. ~Isaiah 26:3

God has such a personal plan for each and every one of His children, that how can we reject it? Especially in the world we live in today, all the non-believers that flood our government, our schools, our work places. God has a big plan... a HUGE plan... so no worries...

There are so many little blurps that I want to type and put out here, but there is just no time for one sitting...

My night devotional used that verse mentioned above. It talked about how God had a specific plan just for David as he was about to face Goliath. (this story is in 1 Samuel btw) King Saul wanted to give David all these heavy things to 'protect' him, but all David needed was God and a slingshot. God had a plan to use David's slingshot skills to destroy Goliath. There was nobody else that could have made that shot to kill a giant who stood over 9 feet tall!?!?!?! Thinking about this story and how God works on a personal level gets me to thinking about how God worked like this in my life. Working backwards now... try to follow... I am currently working in the Admissions Office. To know about that job, I had to know Andrea. Andrea was the track and field coach when I was a freshman. I was a discus thrower as a freshmen (hence where I met Andrea.) I had to like discus to participate in the sport before college. I was introduced to the sport of throwing objects by my AP History teacher in high school. I was taking AP History only because it helped boost my GPA. I wanted to boost my GPA because I wanted to get into a great college. I wanted to get into a great college because that is the way my parents raised me. My parents raised me this way because that is what they wanted for me (to go to a good school, get a good education, and make a life for myself) They had faith in our God that He would have a plan for their son, a plan to prosper and not to harm as proclaimed in Jeremiah.

In this simple, yet complex example of how God works in awesome and mysterious ways... That my parents had to have the faith that God had a plan for me, that I would want to go to a good school, so I took AP classes, that my AP History teacher knew something about the discus and wanted to tell me about it, that I took up the sport because I liked it, I stuck with it through out high school and into college, I met a Jesus-lover named Andrea as my coach, and now I am working in Admissions... wow... the chain can go wayyyy farther back, but you catch my drift (hopefully)

This whole thing is about how God works on a personal level, so personal, we can't even notice what is going on most of the time.... He is the ultimate giver and planner of our lives... This video shows how we as "Christians" over look the great giver that God is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9-XGeUfYC4

1 comment:

  1. Andy, what a great video!! I need to watch that every day, haha. And I like all you're saying about the chain, how every part of our lives really does work into God's plan for us, I miss that a lot, usually I'm not even on that page at all. Thanks for being thought provoking. :)

    ReplyDelete