Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ignite '09

I'm finally getting time to write about Ignite!!! WOW! Words cannot express how amazing this weekend was! It was truly a humbling experience to say the least...

First off, I was just going to go. I had no idea what I was getting myself into... I did not know if I was going as a youth or a chaperone. I quickly found out on that Friday afternoon, I was a chaperone. Before I could go on the trip, I had to finish my Stats exam (which I made a 90 on :) ) then I hurried home to pack and off to the church. I was at the church waiting on the bus at 2... we didn't have to be there til 3... I was getting very excited about the weekend!

Around 3 o'clock, everybody starts arriving and loading the bus... I was put in charge of taking roll... oh the joys of trying to spell people's names. I think we ended up with 33 on the bus, and 38 for the weekend.

Well, once we finally got down there... (2 hours plus on a tour bus) we unpacked and some team building activities. (pass the lepracaun shoes :)) It was so much fun!

We finally began our 1st session (of 4) We had one brave young lady raise her hand in the back and become saved that first night! It was awesome! God was just beginning to show off! That first night, I, along with some of the other chaperones, got lights out at 12, then bandaided the little rascals in. It was a very interesting night (only 2 busted bandaids) The busted bandaids weren't kids sneaking out, just opening the doors at the sounds outside (supposedly)

We continued to have 3 more sessions (all on Saturday) and the food was great there! Surprisingly!

During that first session, Scott began to talk about 1 Peter 3:15 "be able to give an account of the hope that is in you" and if you don't have a testimony, tonights the night for it... that one girl raised her hand... it was simply amazing! She was one of the ones I had been praying for on this trip, along with countless others... words cannot exress how amazing this weekend was... for that one girl and for the 4 others that turned their lives over to Christ!!!

I have been trying to write this blog for about two hours now... and this is all I've gotten... I keep getting distracted... If I think of more to say about the weekend, i'll blog it later :/

No comments:

Post a Comment