Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day... Hmmm...

Hmmm... The title of the post says it all.

The day celebrating Saint Valentine. Last monday night while I was watching Big Bang Theory- one of the funniest shows on TV- Sheldon made the comment, "I don't understand the concept of Valentine's Day. I think you should take your significant other to a beheading makes more sense than that of the socially accepted sweets and a cuddly teddy bear."

How thoughtful of Sheldon- I mean, Geoffery Chaucer was the first one to actually do "Valentine's Day" as we do it today- with the romantic theme.

One day out of the year- we, as a hopeless romantic society, spend countless hours making home-made Valentine's, writing love notes, or (on the other hand) rush to the store on February 13th to get those last minute sweets and teddy bears.

I have to admit, I do enjoy Valentine's Day... with or without an actual "Valentine." Lots of great songs on the radio, great movies on TV, lots of cheap candy on Monday! (And not to mention the Olympics!!!) And it is interesting to go through one of my few Valentine's Day as a single guy. It's been my first in awhile... and "awhile" = 192046 years. OKAY OKAY, maybe 5 (but who's counting anyway?) Today was amazing none the less--

Sunday School- 4 great senior high guys
Micky D's
Working at the house :) (almost done!!!)
Small group
Cookie Cake
Olympics

All in all- the makings of a great day!

Dear God,
Woah! What a day- You are truly amazing. In everything You do, in my life, around my life, and all things that have nothing to do with my life. There are soooo many things that I have no ability to imagine that You do and have control over. Amazing. Thank you. Thanking you tonight seems like it doesn't even come close to what you deserve. You deserve our every breath, our every thought, prayer, motion... You created us, saved us, loved us! God, You are so good. Perfect! I pray that you open my heart to what You have in store for my life. For whatever is in store, I pray that you open my eyes to see things as You see them.

All these things in Jesus' name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment